Wednesday, August 12, 2009

music of the soul

what a great message this piece carries. gossip is the war that i fight with music today. it is such poisonous behavior. when others start to gossip around me i remain quiet and uninvolved. if the gossip continues i start to sing. i create my own safe world of music. it takes care of my spirit and protects others. and then believe it or not...the toxic behavior of others changes. it is my small way of making the world a better place...and i am much happier. i no longer have to talk about others to define myself. so 'music will help win the war!' just sing!!

5 comments:

  1. I love your hand drawn artwork. Very inspiring!! Are these all ATC size? They are really great. I love the detail in them and how there is so much to look at. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to fight the gossip war....just sing a happy tune!! perfect solution....and perfect artwork, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. You had asked about ATCs. All you have to do is draw and do your amazing work but on a much smaller scale (2.5 x 3.5). I just love, love, love your drawings. Every time I see someone's work like yours where the artist has such an amazing talent, it makes me wish I could draw so badly. In fact, after I visited your blog last night I sat down and tried hand drawing some things. I just do not seem to have much luck with that. I'm not terrible, but it's not good either. Personally I think that drawing and painting is either a natural God given talent or it's not. No gray area there. You definitely have it!! Try doing some ATCs, they are fun and addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great thing we should all do. Sometimes I forget, and find that I am partaking in that nasty sport quite by accident. Love the message as always, will try to follow it, hopefully I won't start singing something like the Brady Bunch theme. :)

    BTW I love the latest creation. I really like the classic car and the lady's head sitting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How ironic, we were just talking about gossip at work today and I was fortunate enough to find your blog today too. :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!