Saturday, March 1, 2014

Started the beginners class!

So I have been teaching mixed media classes here in benicia for just about three years now.  I am lucky enough to have some of the original students twill with me!   The classes are six weeks long...filled with fun and silly play time...no room for perfectionism...for certain!
Low and behld, so many new students have signed up for the class that I needed to divide the class...beginners and advanced.  Yay!   Thursday night was my first class with the beginners...they were awesome!   Nine out of the ten students had never done anything like this before...how fun is that?!  So we started with simple techniques and covered a composition book with layers of paper paint, mod podge and images...then we finished the piece with melted beeswax....a great adventure for anyone, right?   The class was fantastic and there are some happy fledgling artists sitting on the edge of their seats...waiting for Thursday to come!   I love art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!