Sunday, April 2, 2017

Something Special About Leftovers....right?

There is something special about going into the frigde and creating a  dinner out of leftovers...am I right?  last nights' burgers become a taco salad, wilting broccoli turns into amazing, comforting cheddar, broccoli and bacon soup, bits of salmon become a spinach salad with dried cranberries and blue cheese dressing...oh...the list goes on and on.  Leftovers are really more exciting than the original meal because love and creativity have been stirred in.
The same process happens for me when i look around my studio...so many jewels on the floor, the bottom of a drawer, right on my desk....ahhhhh....yummy leftovers!
After creating the 'Solarity Collage', i had bits and pieces of juicy, delicious watercolor pages....let the challenge begin!  Using a paper cutter, I cut those pages into yummy bitesize morsels and created....you got it....'Left Overs'...the mixture of the different colors on a repurposed 11" x 14" canvas that i painted black....wowza!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!