Monday, September 18, 2017

to abstract or not to abstract.....that is the question!

i have been feeling a bit 'stuck' with my art....i thought 2 weeks traveling would give me new inspiration....it did...but still feeling 'stuck' in my art world.
it seems there is a lot of abstract art being sold in my art circle....so i was driven by this to try to create some abstract art....well....that left me feeling empty....not that i expect my art to 'say something' to someone....but i sure want it to bring me joy....while creating it....and looking at it after it is complete...the abstract? not so much!
so....i dragged out my drawer of ephemera.....and my drawer of inspiring images....and...
'Music to my Fears' has been born!
sometimes it is the title of the piece that puts the art into words for me...this was so much fun to play with!  the organist, the picture of 'Mother on the organ' and the beautiful girl with the protective helmet on her head with one antler and one rose, and her wings of transition...yep...it speaks to me...and it was fun!
bye bye abstract....for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!