Sunday, January 15, 2012

the Mabel Series and Kickstarter!!








okay....it has been five months since my last confession...i mean blog. i am not a blogger, i am not a journaler, there i said it! hmmmm....but....i am creative.
i have launched a project on 'Kickstarter' and i have been trying to decide whether to blog about it or not. this morning i decided i would. check out the website....i even made a video!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lorrimarie/unblocking-my-arteries
i am creating 30 pieces in 30 days, which has grown to about 90 in 90 now. i am posting a few of the first pieces. this is the only post i will do with the images of the pieces i am making because, i want the project supporters to be surprised by the piece they are getting. this is so much fun i can barely stand it!
what this project has done for me is to allow me to create freely....no worries as to whether the art is worthy of making...will it sell??? i am giving my art away....i am creating the ideas that have been left abandoned over time....being replaced by creations that i thought would sell. it has been like turning on a creative faucet...i LOVE it....
any way....i apologize for not staying on top of this blog....but i have got to go play now!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you...your two "stuffies" are on my entertainment centre in my living room and your lovely little painting from a distant giveaway sits on my buffet with my other "muses." I'm also really bad about blogging and journaling, forget about it...I did that back in the mid to late 90's when my marriage was falling apart and I had to express all that hurt and anger...it worked, but I haven't been hurt or angry in years since the divorce!! LOL I did post something yesterday, though...had some time and stories to tell!!

    I love what you're doing and I especially love your attitude...something very liberating about doing what you want and feeling accomplished with what ever you create.

    Well, welcome back and look forward to more of your stuff.

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!