Wednesday, December 20, 2017

yesterday was...by far...the best day ever!!!

as usual.....i woke up at 'dark o'clock' in a flurry of excitement for the day...let's go play!  Lynn (one of my YouTube buddies) had requested that i create a video on a certain book cover technique...my YouTube buddies keep me on my toes i can tell you!  so....into the 'recording studio' i go with the intention of ....a book cover...
well...meetings, dog walk, laundry and the dentist stop me in my tracks....arg....real life?  blah!
but then...the day catapulted into the best day ever!!!
i had sent a stabilo pencil to a young man in Czech...he was not able to find one in his country and the thought of an artist....without a stabilo?  unthinkable...right?  well....i tossed some ephemera off my desk(...yes, underpants), into the packet a long with the pencil and sewed it shut.  Michal had received it yesterday and created a 'video of gratitude'...it brought tears to my eyes...he is so sweet...and his art wings are still damp with discovery!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjSSIRQyxQ
THEN............i tgot an email from Somerset Magazine that they are going to publish 2 of my altered books and want ME to write about them!  OMG...i am so honored!
THEN...i was approached to see if i might want to be a juror for an 'art book gallery show'...what?  could this day get any better?
THEN...i got to get back into my studio to play on the altered book cover...wowza!  a little bit of 'crackle time' and it turned out amazing! (video in the making on this technique)
so....never give up....never surrender....
yep....BEST day ever! 
thank you ALL  for your support....this journey would not be the same without you!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ooohhh....I can't wait to see the article in Somerset! Do let us know what issue it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Lorri! You are a starlight artist. You putting your heart in to art everyday, not just to light up your day but everyone. Your youtube is the most amazing jungle of great videos for all of us. You are awaking the art in us! Few months ago, I thought I would never be able to create anything but then I found your jungle art class youtube videos and it awaken my exitement.

    Let me tell you Lorri, you well deserve all this things to happen to you for all the hard work you do. I am also looking forward to see the article but mind you, I am in czech Republic so you better scan the article in your blog. I wanna see it!

    Every since I found your classes I feel like a new person! Your art is so powerfull.

    Keep playing, keep creating, keep upploading and I will be humbly watching with my manga eyes...loooool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. michal....i am humbled by your comment! i will keep creating art...i cannot help it! there is so much inside me that i have to share it! i am merely the vessel that channels the ideas...and then my hands try to keep up! ha ha....see you on the table my friend in czech republic! i may come visit you some day!!!

      Delete
  3. I came across your You Tube and am inspired to make an Altered Book now! You have the best tutorials I have found. I love all your images you use. They are so unusual. Do you have favorite magazines you use for images? Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness....i thought i responded but i do not see it! i am so glad that you found my channel! i love to look at all artsy magazines....hi-fructose, juxtapoz and haute doll......give that a go!

      Delete

thanks for visiting my blog...i love comments!!!